Purpose of the Polaris Users Group (PUG)
As stated in the Bylaws, the Polaris Users Group was formed to:
- Serve as a forum to influence the development and improvement of Polaris.
- Offer input to Polaris Library Systems on the development of Polaris.
- Improve communication and relationships among members, and between members and Polaris Library Systems.
- Gather and share information on the use of Polaris products among members.
- Coordinate and prioritize member requests for development, documentation and support by Polaris Library Systems.
- Represent the community of Polaris users in dealings with Polaris Library Systems. The organization is understood to speak for its members and not on behalf of Polaris Library Systems.
- Serve as a resource about Polaris to the general library community
The Polaris Users Group was formed in 2002 as an independent organization of Polaris customers. The activities of the Users Group are coordinated by a Steering Committee elected by the membership.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2015 Steering Committee. Click here for the form.